River Protection Works
Bangladesh is a land of river; lot of rivers and canals are passing here and there in this country. Geographically, we have river protection work, Rehabilitation work of embankment over the year. In our country all these works are performed by Bangladesh Water Development Board.
Target of river protection works are as follows:
• Develop and manage water resources projects
• Management and mitigation of river bank erosion
• Stake-holders participation in project planning, design and implementation
• Environment friendly development
• Promoting food production by surface water irrigation
Scope of river protection works are as follows:
• Earth Work (cutting and filling).
• CC block manufacturing and Placing.
• Geo textile placing.
• Construction of Sluice gate.
• Renovation of embankment.
Our recent completed project:
1. Rehabilitation of embankment with slope protection from km. 30.900 to km 31.700= 800.00 m in Polder No. 48 in upazilla- kalapara, dist- Patuakhali in connection with FDR-2007 works under WMIP.
2. (i) Reconstruction and rehabilitation of surface drainage sluice (0.900m dia) 2 nos. (F) near km. 12.500 and 16.500, (ii) Rehabilitation of embankment with slope protection 0.840 km (F) in stretches between km. 34.360 and 35.200 and (iii) Repair and rehabilitation of 10.00 km (P) embankment in stretches between km. 19.800 and 29.800 under Patuakhali WD. Division, WDB, Kalapara, Patuakhali under WMIP, Package No-BWDB.